CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND CONTRACTS
- Form and organize corporations or alternative
I help business entrepreneurs avoid wasting time and money organizing business entities. I help clients choose the most cost effective business entity that best suits their particular needs.
- Advise clients on the best jurisdictions to organize
Should you organize in California, Delaware or Nevada? I help clients organize their business in the jurisdiction that makes the most sense for them. If you organize in the wrong state, you will likely pay more money than necessary to organize your business.
- Create agreements between partners and founding stockholders, including operating agreements, partnership agreements, shareholder agreements
and buy-sell agreements.
I help business partners identify their roles and responsibilities before going into business, and then articulate their understandings in a written agreement. If things turn sour, the cost of retaining a litigation attorney to clean up the mess can be 50 to 150 times more than entering into a good agreement from the beginning.
- Prepare bylaws, minutes, shareholder and board of director minutes, resolutions, transfer ledgers and issue stock certificates.
Disorganized and old corporate records can stall or even kill a deal that involves any kind of transaction that involves bankers, brokers, institutional investors or a person of any level of financial sophistication. I make sure that your corporate governance and other records will be kept current and organized, ensuring annual filings on a timely basis to keep your corporate entity in good standing.
- Introduce clients to accounting, tax, PR, marketing, branding, Web development and business planning advisors and professionals.
I have formed strategic referral partnerships with business professionals that I have used as a business owner myself. I make finding a professional easy by maintaining a wide network of pre-screened professionals who will add value to your business.
Click on the links below for helpful information:
Choosing From Alternative Forms of Business Entities
Myths of Corporate Formation and Compliance & The “S” Corporation Explained
Medical Reimbursement Plans
Choosing the State of Organization of the LLC